Blackpool Council’s property improvement fund
Blackpool Council’s property improvement scheme offers grants to help businesses in Blackpool improve the front of their premises.
The aim of the scheme, funded by Blackpool Council and the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership (LEP), is to help make the town centre more attractive to shoppers, residents and investors, and is part of a bigger programme of works to make Blackpool better.
Who can apply
If you own an eligible business, you should have received a letter from Blackpool Council containing further details.
Businesses in the following areas may be eligible to apply for a grant towards shop front improvements:
- Edward Street
- Topping Street
- Talbot Road (between the Promenade and Dickson Road)
- Church Street (between Cookson Street and St John’s Square)
Grants are available for up to 95% of the total cost of the works.
The funding can be used for:
- Shopfront and upper floor repairs
- Some structural repairs
- Timber repairs
- Re-roofing, including repairs to chimneys, lead-work and rainwater goods
- Brickwork and stonework repair and re-pointing
- Render repairs and re-rendering
- Joinery repairs
- Specialist treatments
Terms and conditions
- Before starting work, applicants must have obtained the relevant permissions, including any planning permission and landlord permission required
- The project will not support properties used for gambling, high interest loan providers or low value alcohol or cigarette shops, or other properties detrimental to the surrounding area
How to apply
In order to apply for a grant you must have a freehold interest in the property or a valid lease of at least 5 years.
Please contact Blackpool Unlimited who will provide you with further information and guidance on how to apply.
Telephone: 01253 477147
Expression of interest editable form [PDF 221 KB]
Further support for businesses
Please visit Business support and advice to find out more about all of the business support services we offer.