If you sign up to Blackpool Council’s Junior Healthier Choices Award you are committing to welcome breastfeeding and bottle-feeding on your premises and to offer smaller portions of healthier choice menu items which are appropriate for infants.
What will I need to do next?
Complete this checklist. These are the steps you need to take to achieve the Junior Healthier Choices Award.
Once you've completed your checklist, pop it in an envelope and post it to:
Public Health, Blackpool Council, PO Box 4, Blackpool FY1 1NA
We will be in touch to arrange a follow up meeting to ensure you have completed all the steps on your checklist. Should you not meet the criteria we will support you to make the changes needed to achieve the award.
You will receive a Junior Healthier Choices Award Certificate and window sticker to display on your premises. Your business will also feature on a list of caterers with the Junior Award on Blackpool Council’s website.
- Smaller portions are available of healthier menu items appropriate for infants
- A quiet area is made available for mothers to breastfeed, bottle-feed or infant feed
- Provide free tap water for mum to help prevent dehydration
- Provide free tap water or milk for older children
- Adjustable high chairs available for smaller babies
- Provide hot water to help warm bottles or baby food if requested
- All staff have an understanding of the scheme and actively welcome in families
- Do not sell energy drinks to anyone under 18 years of age
Your award will expire after 2 years. We will visit you at least once during this period to offer our support and confirm the award criteria are still being met.