Horse riding establishment

If you run a horse riding establishment, that includes letting horses out for hire or giving riding lessons, you will require an annual licence from Blackpool Council. This is to ensure the public are not put at risk and horse welfare is maintained to a high standard.

Apply for a licence




Or download and complete the application form  [PDF 108KB] and return with the fee as stated on the form. You will also need to provide a suitable certificate of public liability insurance.

Once the premises has been inspected by a council officer and a veterinary surgeon we aim to issue the licence within 5 working days. Licences are renewed annually.


Licensing service

Municipal buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool, FY1 1NF
Telephone 01253 478570

The Licensing Service is available to contact by telephone or to visit in person to the Licensing desk at Blackpool Council's Customer First Centre on Corporation Street between 10.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday.