House to house collections

If you wish to collect money or property, for example clothes and bric-a-brac, for charity from houses, pubs or shops you need a licence from the council.

The licence must be carried on the person at all times during the collection.

No collection can take place until I.D. badges have been issued – these are available from  The Stationery Office (TSO) on production of the council issued licence and must be worn at all times.

Some large charitable organisations hold a National Exemption Order which exempts them from the requirement to apply to each authority individually. The licensing service keeps a list of house to house collection licences issued by Blackpool Council.

Apply for a house to house collection licence

Before applying please read the house to house collection policy and guidance notes [PDF 21KB].

Or  you can download and complete the application form [PDF 92KB] and submit by hand / post. 

There is no charge for a house to house collection licence although there is a small charge for the identity badge from TSO. Applications should include a letter from the benefiting charity authorising you to collect on their behalf (if you are not an official of the charity).

We aim to process your application within 10 working days, however you must submit your application at least 1 month prior to the date of the collection, though we suggest applying 3 months in advance to allow time to obtain identity badges from TSO.

After the collection you must submit a form of account detailing the amount raised and any expenses deducted, this can also be submitted online .


Licensing service

Municipal buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool, FY1 1NF
Telephone 01253 478397

The Licensing Service is available to contact by telephone or to visit in person to the Licensing desk at Blackpool Council's Customer First Centre on Corporation Street between 10.00am and 4.00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Wednesday 10.00am-13.00pm.

handle bar template