Free early education for 2, 3 and 4 Year olds
Do you live in Blackpool? Do you have a two year old child?
From the term after your child turns two, he or she might be able to have up to 15 hours per week free flexible childcare, for 38 weeks per year. This is called the Free Early Education Entitlement and it is paid for by the Government.
You can claim a free place for your child if you receive one or more of the following:
- Working Tax Credits and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run on' - the payment you may receive for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment or Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit - provided you have an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The 'Guaranteed' Element of the State Pension Credit
- Child receives disability living allowance
- Child has a current statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or is on an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC )plan
- Child is looked after by a Local Authority
- Child has left the care of a Local Authority through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
If you think your child may be eligible you need to complete the link to the application form below or call 01253 477854 for further details.
If your Child's 2nd birthday falls between
He/She will be entitled to a free place from
1 January - 31 March
1 April - 31 August
1 September - 31 December
We will send out a letter to confirm your eligibility.
You will then need to find a childcare provider and check if they have a place available for your child. To find childcare in your area please visit FYi directory website which lists all 2 year old childcare providers or call 0800 092 2332.
Free early education for 3 and 4 year olds
All 3 and 4 year olds in England are entitled to 15 hours of free early education each week for 38 weeks of the year.
You can start claiming free early education after your child turns 3. The date you can claim will depend on when their birthday is.
When to claim
|Child's birthday ||When you can claim |
|1 January - 31 March
The beginning of term on or after 1 April
|1 April - 31 August
The beginning of term on or after 1 September
|1 September - 31 December
The beginning of term on or after 1 January
Your child was born on 15 February 2012. They will become eligible for free early education from the start of term following 1 April 2015.
The free early education can be at:
- Nursery schools
- Nurseries on school sites
- Nursery classes in schools and academies
- Children’s centres
- Day nurseries
- Some playgroups and pre-school