The benefits of fostering with Blackpool Council
Many children require stable, loving families and we are looking to recruit more foster carers within the next year than ever before.
We are looking for fostering families from all walks of life and welcome single applicants, couples, families with or without children in the household, LGBT foster carers and those whose children are now grown up and have left the family home.
A spare room is required and childcare experience would be preferred.
Support for you
Fostering is a big commitment and the ongoing local support available reflects the level of responsibility involved. We want our foster carers to enjoy fostering and be equipped to do well.
As a Blackpool foster carer you will be part of a supportive community. You will be entitled to the following benefits:
- We have a friendly and experienced fostering team based centrally in Blackpool
- You are given generous allowances that cover all the costs of caring for any child you care for
- All fostered children have a dedicated social worker and every foster family has their own supervising worker
- Our support services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- We provide all the equipment you’ll need if you don’t have it already e.g. beds, bedroom furniture, car seats, prams and stair gates
- Foster carers are offered an excellent training package and we are keen to support carers to progress and gain professional qualifications i.e. NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Social opportunities such as support groups, coffee mornings and other events for all carers and their families are held regularly
- Each year a big celebration for children in care and recent care leavers is held, ensuring that all their achievements are formally recognised at a child-centred event
- Foster carer forums are held once every quarter. These are meetings where foster carers and social workers can have a chat about how we can improve our service. Guest speakers attend from across a range of local organisations
Transfer to us
If you're thinking about transferring to Blackpool from your current agency then we would love to hear from you.
We are keen to recruit experienced foster carers to provide placements for the local children in our care. We know our foster carers and their families well, so we can think about the best match for the child, as well as knowing what extra support we'll need to put in place.
Find out about the great benefits available when you foster local children through your local authority. Contact us today on 01253 477888.
Recommend a friend to foster
We need your help to find more foster carers. With your experience and knowledge of what it takes to be a foster carer, you’re in an ideal situation to spot people who have the qualities of what we’re looking for.
Receive £500 when you refer a friend to apply to be one of our foster carers. Tell a friend or relative why you think they’d make a really good foster carer, and how rewarding it is to be a foster carer with us.
Make sure they tell us you referred them, so you can get your Refer a Friend reward.
Once your friend or relative has gone through the assessment process and successfully fosters a child for a minimum of six months you will receive the £500 reward.
If your friend or relative decides to give it a try, ask them to get in touch with us over the phone on 01253 477888 or by email to email@example.com
Ready to take the next step?
If you’re ready to take the next step and speak to our friendly team, you can call us on 01253 477888 or fill out our online form to request more information.
You can request a fostering information pack to find out everything you need to know about fostering.