Apply for council and social housing

Register for a home to rent

MyHomeChoiceFyldeCoast provides a single point of contact for Blackpool, Fylde, and Wyre residents to apply for affordable housing. This allows you to join the housing register and browse the homes available from all major local social housing providers.  

You can find affordable homes from :

  • Blackpool Coastal Housing (managing Blackpool Council homes)
  • Great Places Housing Group
  • Muir Group
  • New Fylde Housing
  • Places for People
  • Regenda Group

Apply to join the housing register

Local connection

The housing register for affordable housing is only open to people with a local connection to Blackpool, Fylde, or Wyre. You have a local connection if:

  • You have lived in one of the local authorities for the last 3 years
  • Work here
  • Have close family who have lived here for at least 5 years
  • You are serving in the armed forces


To apply to join the housing register you must be over 16 years of age, although you will normally be 18 years old before you will be offered a tenancy.

You will need to complete an application form on the MyHomeChoiceFyldeCoast website.

Once your application has been accepted, you will be able to express an interest in available properties that are advertised each week on the MyHomeChoiceFyldeCoast website.

Property details are also available from each organisation's local offices.
You can express an interest by telephone, email, or by calling into one of the housing offices.

Other housing options

There is a high demand for homes in many parts of Blackpool and the Fylde coast area.

You are more likely to find an affordable home if, on registering, you are given a high priority. This could be because you're threatened with homelessness or you're suffering from overcrowding, a relationship breakdown, harassment, or a medical condition.

If you do not have a high priority, you may need to consider other options such as renting in the private sector.

More information about renting a home is available in the Department for Communities and Local Government guide How to rent