Professionals in the following services are required to make referrals for customers they believe to be homeless or at risk of homelessness under duty to refer obligations:
- Young offender institutions
- Secure training centres
- Secure colleges
- Young offending teams
- Probation services (including community rehabilitation companies)
- Job centre's in England
- Social services authorities (adult and children's)
- Emergency departments
- Urgent treatment centres
- Hospitals in their function of providing inpatient care
- Secretary of state for defence in relation to members of the regular armed forces
However, Blackpool Council Housing Options welcomes referrals from professionals in all agencies.
Making a referral
You can make a referral using our simple housing options referral form, or your own organisations duty to refer form, if you have one.
We ask if you have any customers that are immediately homeless, or homeless within the next 7 days, that you also ask them to attend our Housing Options office as soon as possible.