The History Centre is located on the first floor of Blackpool Central Library.
It is an enquiry space for the public to investigate and research on a variety of topics including local and family history. It is also the access space for those wishing to consult the wider historic collections and archives.
There is a wide variety of material on open access in the space including:
- Blackpool electoral registers 1930 to date
- Historic Ordnance Survey maps of the Fylde area
- Local trade directories 1816 to 1969
- Fylde area Census records 1841 to 1901
- Local newspapers from 1845
- Historic local holiday guides for Blackpool
- Our local historic photograph collection
Please enquire if you require advice about your research.
Visitors, especially those travelling long distances, are advised to contact us in advance as some research may require pre-booking of PCs or reader-printer machines.
Enquiries are welcome on 01253 478090 or email email@example.com
The Local and Family History Centre is on the first floor of
Blackpool Central Library
Tuesday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
Friday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 4.00pm