Many of the bridges in Blackpool are in a bad state of repair. To ensure that these bridges will remain open to traffic into the future, key bridges across Blackpool will be undergoing a massive repair programme over the next 5 years.
The following bridges have been repaired as part of the project:
- Princess Street Bridge - completed March 2016
- Seasider's Way Subway - completed March 2016
- Plymouth Road Bridge - completed July 2017
- Waterloo Road Bridge - completed August 2017
- Harrowside Bridge - completed February 2018
- Squires Gate Lane Bridge - completed March 2018
Devonshire Road will reopen to traffic at around 1.00pm on Friday 24 August 2018.
Over time, steel that supports the bridge has corroded and needs to be repaired to ensure the bridge remains strong enough to carry trains.
We will also be repairing and replacing weathered brickwork and resurfacing the footpath to create a cleaner, brighter bridge for all.
This means that there will be temporary traffic lights on Devonshire Road between Claremont Road and Mansfield road from Monday 4 June at 5.00am, until 24 August.