Many of the bridges in Blackpool were in a bad state of repair. To ensure that these bridges will remain open to traffic into the future, key bridges across Blackpool have undergone a massive repair programme over the last few years.
Yeadon Way upgrade works
From Monday 11 November 2019 Yeadon Way will be temporarily closed until May 2020 for upgrades to take place.
The improvements being carried out include:
- Replacing old concrete walls with new safety fencing
- Strengthening the road
- Addition of new support columns
- New drainage system incorporating new state of the art technology
- Improvements to the overall look of the road and general safety improvements
The work is funded by a grant of £2.3million from the National Productivity Investment Fund and a contribution from our highways maintenance fund.
Text message updates
Sign up for free text messages to receive updates on Yeadon Way upgrade.
Find out how we use your data.
Traffic travelling to the M55 will be diverted along Parkinson Way, Waterloo Road, Lytham Road, Squires Gate Lane and Progress Way
Traffic travelling from the M55 will be diverted along Progress Way, Squires Gate Lane and Lytham Road. By following the signs you will arrive back at the end of Yeadon Way that leads to the main car parks and the town centre.
The following bridges have been repaired as part of the project:
- Princess Street Bridge - completed March 2016
- Seasider's Way Subway - completed March 2016
- Plymouth Road Bridge - completed July 2017
- Waterloo Road Bridge - completed August 2017
- Harrowside Bridge - completed February 2018
- Squires Gate Lane Bridge - completed March 2018
- Devonshire Road Bridge - Completed October 2018