Many of the bridges in Blackpool were in a bad state of repair. To ensure that these bridges will remain open to traffic into the future, key bridges across Blackpool have undergone a massive repair programme over the last few years.
Yeadon Way upgrade works
Since November 2019 Yeadon Way was temporarily closed until May 2020 when it was reopened after reciving an upgrade.
The improvements that have been carried out include:
- Replacement of old concrete walls with new safety fencing
- Strengthening of the road
- New support columns
- New drainage system incorporating new state of the art technology
- New LED street lighting
- Improvements to the overall look of the road and general safety improvements
The work was funded by a grant of £2.3million from the National Productivity Investment Fund and a contribution from our highways maintenance fund.
The following bridges have been repaired as part of the project:
- Princess Street Bridge - completed March 2016
- Seasider's Way Subway - completed March 2016
- Plymouth Road Bridge - completed July 2017
- Waterloo Road Bridge - completed August 2017
- Harrowside Bridge - completed February 2018
- Squires Gate Lane Bridge - completed March 2018
- Devonshire Road Bridge - Completed October 2018
- Yeadon Way - completed May 2020