Changes to Service Advisory Note
From the 20th of November 2018 Blackpool Council will no longer provide a Local Land Charge search service. To ensure all responses are issued be before this date, Blackpool Council will be unable to accept Personal Search requests after 12pm on Monday 12th November 2018.
After this date, the Local Land Charges Register will have been migrated to HM Land Registry and you will be able to access a new digital service through your portal account, business gateway and on the HM Land Registry pages on GOV.UK
Blackpool Council will continue to provide replies to Con29 enquiries
For more information visit GOV.UK and search Land Charges.
A personal search is only a search of the Local Land Charges Register and does not provide all the information that would be obtained from a standard Local Authority Land Charges search.
To make a personal search you will need to:
- Contact Local Land Charges on 01253 476334
- Provide us with an email address
- Provide details of the property you wish to search against and email a location plan to email@example.com
You will be allocated a day when your search results will be available for you to view at Customer First, Municipal Buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool FY1 1NF during their published opening hours, only on the day you have been allocated.
Provided you contact us and we receive the location plan before noon on a working day we will endeavour to make your results available to view on the fourth working day after the day you contacted us.
Example : If you contact us before noon on Monday you we will try to make your search results available on Thursday. If you contact us between 12.01pm on Monday and 12 noon on Tuesday we will endeavour to make your search results available on Friday. You will be able to carry out up to 3 personal searches in any period (12.01pm on a working day to 12 noon the following working day). Please note your search results will only be available on the day allocated as they are then automatically removed by the system.
Viewing search results
You will need to use the terminal situated in the Town Hall reception.
- Go to the Main Menu tab and select "Local Services" then "Personal Searches" to take you to the personal search module.
- The first time you use the system you will need to register your details by clicking on the "Register New User "button and entering the email address you gave when you requested the search, registering your name address and post code and setting your own password
- After that (if you use the same email address) you will only need to enter the email address you gave when you requested the search plus your own password.
Once you have logged in you will need to complete the following steps to retrieve your requested search
- Click on "Start new Search" (check that the email and date are correct)
- Click on "Submit"
- Your search results will now be displayed on the screen.
- After you have finished retrieving your searches please log out from the system
If you have any queries about using the system please call 01253 476334.