Fylde Coast Landlord Accreditation Scheme (FCLAS)
The Fylde Coast Landlord Accreditation Scheme (FCLAS) is a voluntary scheme that private residential landlords are encouraged to join.
The aims of the scheme are to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards of privately rented accommodation and to assist landlords and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
The scheme applies to the private rented sector only and not to our owned or housing association properties where other service level agreements apply. It also encourages and acknowledges responsible behaviour by tenants through an accredited tenant scheme. Compliance with the scheme will ensure that:
How the scheme operates
- Landlords, tenants and community members enjoy the benefits of good property conditions, competent management standards and considerate neighbourly behaviour
- Misunderstandings and disputes are reduced
- Where problems do occur they are promptly resolved
From May 24th 2011 the FCLAS has been operated for the council as well as Fylde and Wyre Councils under a contract by the which is a company wholly owned by the Residential Landlords Association (RLA) and will be monitored by the council to ensure the contract is complied with.
Application forms etc are available to download from the link under the publication section or online via the link to the RLAAS dedicated website for the Fylde Coast Scheme at: www.fyldecoastlas.co.uk Telephone enquiries about all aspects of the FCLAS can be made by telephoning 0844 8871406.
Landlord applicants must:-
- For the sole purpose of enabling random compliance checks to be carried out, provide the RLAAS Ltd with a list of properties they own which will be held in strictest confidence
- Provide access to properties for Blackpool Council to carry out compliance checks
- Ensure that properties are not in a condition that is liable to be hazardous to the health and safety of tenants, visitors or members of the community
- Ensure all their properties meet the requirements of the scheme, or alternatively
- Where a minority of a landlords’ properties are not fully compliant, apply for a concession and agree a property improvement plan to improve, within a reasonable timescale, any property that does not fully meet the requirements of the scheme and accordingly inform any prospective new tenants of this arrangement
- Participate in and promote the accredited tenant scheme
- Be committed to partnership working
On receipt of an application for accredited landlord status the RLAAS Ltd will undertake a checking procedure to be satisfied, as far as is reasonable the landlord is responsible, competent and suitable to be a member of the scheme.
Following successful checking and satisfactory outcomes to some random property condition and management compliance checks to be carried out by the relevant local authority, owners will be awarded membership of the FCLAS.
Those signatories complying with the FCLAS will be provided with a package of benefits exclusively available to participating landlords and designed to enhance their business and provide access to a range of our services.
To join the FCLAS:-
Fylde Coast Landlord Accreditation Scheme
c/o RLAAS Ltd 1 Roebuck Lane,
Telephone: 0844 8871407
Fax: 0161 972 0020