After the Grant of Approval
1) The holder may apply for the renewal of an approval when the current approval has less than 12 months to run. An application for renewal made in this period will extend the current approval until the application has been finally dealt with. A renewal will run from the expiry date of the current approval.
2) If the holder fails to apply for renewal before the expiry date and the approval expires, it will be reinstated by an application for renewal made within one month of the expiry date and continue until the application has been dealt with.REVOCATION
3) The Council may revoke an approval if it is satisfied, after considering any representations from the holder, that the use or structure of the premises has changed so that any of the standard or local requirements cannot be met or the holder has failed to comply with one or more of the standard or local conditions attached to the approval.
4) The Registrar General may direct the Council to revoke an approval if, in his opinion and after considering any representations from the holder, there have been breaches of the law relating to marriage or civil partnership on the approved premises. This is not subject to review by the authority.
5) When an approval has been revoked the regulations require the former holder to notify any couples who had arranged to marry or register a civil partnership on the premises.REVIEWS
6) An applicant may seek a review by the Council of its decision to:
a) refuse to grant an approval
b) attach local conditions
c) refuse to renew an approval, or
d) revoke an approval.
7) The review must be carried out by a different officer, Committee or Sub-Committee than that which made the decision which is being appealed against. The Review Panel may confirm the decision, rescind it or vary it with the imposition of fresh or further conditions.
8) The Council may charge an additional fee for a review of its decision to refuse to grant an approval, to attach local conditions or to refuse to renew an approval. For up-to-date charges, please click on the Fees
heading on the right.
9) Details of approved premises will be held for public inspection by the Council, copied locally and sent to the Registrar General who will publicise them.