What is an Initial Notice for Building Regulations?
In the past you could only obtain Building Regulations consent for works carried out in the Blackpool area from the Council. Now, however, there are other organisations, called Approved Inspectors, who you can apply to instead.
If you decide to use an Approved Inspector instead of the Council to provide your Building Control service, then you must serve an Initial Notice on the Council which informs us of your decision. You then deal exclusively with the Approved Inspector, who assumes full responsibility for making sure that any work you carry out complies with the Building Regulations.
You have a right to choose who provides the Building Control Service for any work you carry out, and the Council will respect any decision you make. We hope, however, that you will choose to use our own Building Control Service because:
- it is unlikely that any Approved Inspector can match our knowledge of local building conditions.
- our Officers are locally based, and are easily contacted for help or Guidance.
- we can visit your site on the same day you make the request.
- your charges are unlikely to be beaten without a corresponding reduction in the service provided.
- we value your custom and will make every effort to provide you with an excellent service