The Chief Executive has corporate responsibility for the management of Council services and departments and Neil Jack has held the post since September 2011.
He is the Council’s most senior officer and has overall responsibility for ensuring the Council delivers on its key strategies, aims and objectives.
Blackpool Council is committed to serving the needs of residents and has set out its vision, values and priorities to encompass the key areas for focus in the town:
Our vision We will build a Blackpool where aspiration and ambition are encouraged and supported. We will seek to narrow the gap between the richest members of our society and the poorest and deliver a sustainable and fairer community, of which our communities will be proud.
Our mission We cannot hope to change our destiny merely by wishing for it, only by working for it. We will work with the public, private and third sectors, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, to achieve this.
Our priorities are to
- Tackle child poverty, raise aspirations and improve educational achievement
- Safeguard and protect the most vulnerable
- Expand and promote our tourism, arts, heritage and cultural offer
- Improve health and well-being especially for the most disadvantaged
- Attract sustainable investment and create quality jobs
- Encourage responsible entrepreneurship for the benefit of our communities
- Improve housing standards and the environment we live in by using housing investment to create stable communities
- Create safer communities and reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
- Deliver quality services through a professional, well-rewarded and motivated workforce
- We are accountable for delivering on the promises we make and take responsibility for our actions and the outcomes achieved
- We are committed to being fair to people and treat everyone we meet with dignity and respect
- We take pride in delivering quality services that are community focussed and are based on listening carefully to what people need
- We act with integrity and we are trustworthy in all our dealings with people and we are open about the decisions we make and the services we offer
- We are compassionate, caring, hard-working and committed to delivering the best services that we can with a positive and collaborative attitude