In partnership with the UK Border Agency (part of the Home Office), Blackpool Council offers a Nationality Checking Service (NCS) to assist people who want to apply for British Citizenship.
The Service aims to reduce unnecessary delays in the process of applying for British Citizenship which can be a difficult and lengthy process. Applications to the Home Office containing all the necessary information, the correct documents and correct fee stand a greater chance of being resolved more quickly than those that are incomplete.
Our NCS advisers are registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) an independent body established by Parliament which regulates organisations offering services of this kind. In providing the NCS, staff have been fully trained by Home Office Nationality experts and provided with a set of desk instructions which set out the precise extent of their duties.
As part of the service we will:
Advantages of using the Nationality Checking Service in Blackpool
- Check that your application has been completed fully.
- Ensure all documentation provided has been photocopied and certified.
- Make sure you have enclosed the correct payment
- Send your application safely and quickly to the Home Office by secure delivery.
- Important documents which need to accompany the application form (such as your passport) will be photocopied and certified so that they remain in your safekeeping and are not held by the Home Office for the duration of your application.
- All our NCS advisers are trained and registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner, whereas agents such as solicitors and those registered with the Law Society do not have to be registered with the OISC.
- We will try our hardest to offer you an appointment at a date and time convenient for you.
- There is a fee for providing the Nationality Checking Service which is payable to Blackpool Council. Click on Publications on the right where you will find our up-to-date fees.
- The fee must be paid in full by credit or debit card at the time of booking your appointment .
- If we are unable to send your application, there is no refund of the Checking Service fee.
- If you miss your appointment, there is no refund.
The Nationality Checking Service is by appointment only, lasting approximately one hour per person. To book and pay for your appointment, contact Blackpool Registration Service using the methods on the right.
For further information, look at the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the right.
Please note: The Nationality Checking Service can only assist in the checking of your citizenship application. It does not offer a faster application process or guarantee a favourable outcome.
Blackpool Council will not be able to provide advice on nationality matters. If you require advice you can contact the Liverpool Contact Centre on 0845 010 5200. Lines are open from 9:00 until 17:00 Monday to Friday.
The Home Office website also offers nationality advice at: