Welcome to the Recycling Centres page!
If you would like to find out about where you can take your recycling in Blackpool have a look at the information pages listed on the right-hand side of this page.
A large percentage of your waste can be recycled...
Did you know that:
- 1 recycled tin can would save enough energy to power a television for 3 hours.
- 1 recycled glass bottle would save enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes.
- 1 recycled plastic bottle would save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for 3 hours.
Some Interesting Facts
- 70% less energy is required to recycle paper compared with making it from raw materials.
- Up to 60% of the rubbish that ends up in the dustbin could be recycled.
- The unreleased energy contained in the average dustbin each year could power a television for 5,000 hours.
- The largest lake in the Britain could be filled with rubbish from the UK in 8 months.
- On average, 16% of the money you spend on a product pays for the packaging, which ultimately ends up as rubbish.
- As much as 50% of waste in the average dustbin could be composted.
There are lots of places that you can take your recycling to in Blackpool. We have special recycling bins on the streets, as well as mini recycling sites at a number of supermarkets and sports centres.
If you have large items to dispose of you can visit our Household Waste Recycling Centre at Bristol Avenue in Bispham. Here you can dispose of a wide range of recyclable and hazardous materials. Please click on the link on the right-hand side of this page.
If you wish to report a problem with a Recycling Collection Site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01253 477477 and give specific details of the problem(s) including the location of the bank, and which type of bank, such as paper, glass, cans or textiles.