We aim to give the best possible service to the people of Blackpool and will do our best to make your dealings with us as easy and as informative as possible.

If you are dissatisfied with the level of service you have received from us or we have failed to provide a service you have requested, you can make a complaint under the council’s customer feedback policy.

  • We will aim to address your complaint as soon as possible
  • If we can’t do this straight away, we will contact you within 5 working days, explaining what we will do to address your complaint and how long this will take
  • If dealing with your complaint takes longer than expected, we will contact you to explain why and when you can expect a full response from us
  • We will advise you on how to take your complaint further if you are unhappy with the result

Our commitment to you

  • We will approach each complaint with an open mind and try to provide you with a resolution
  • Staff will not investigate complaints about themselves or decisions that they have taken
  • All complaints are dealt with in confidence


Certain types of complaints need to be dealt with differently because of other statutory or appeals procedures that are in place. This includes complaints relating to:

  • Adult and children’s social care
  • Parking and traffic offences
  • Concerns regarding roads or pavements
  • Refusal of a disabled badge for parking
  • Compensation claims for potholes
  • Housing Benefit decisions
  • Local council tax support scheme decisions
  • Refusal of planning permission
  • Cases where legal action has already started
  • Schools, school admissions or exclusions
  • Conduct of councillors
  • Organisations providing a service on behalf of the Council
  • Blackpool Transport
  • Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations requests

If your complaint falls outside the standard customer feedback policy, we will let you know how your complaint will be dealt with and what timescales will apply. 

Make a complaint

A complaint is about showing dissatisfaction about the level or nature of a council service, policy or the way in which a member staff carry out their duties, it's not requesting a service.

If you are wanting to report an issue or request us to do something such as tell us about a pot hole or we have missed your bin collection then please use the website search or go to our homepage and report the relevant service page.

Concerns about a child or vulnerable adult

If you have concerns about a child or vulnerable adult, please telephone 01253 477592 for adults or  01253 477299 for children. If a child is at immediate risk, please contact the police on 999

School complaints

If your complaint is about your child’s school you should contact the head teacher in the first instance, or the board of governors.

Social services complaints

Social services complaints are handled separately as there are different regulations governing these.  

Please visit the Social services complaints pages for more information