Make an Emergency Grab Bag
An emergency grab bag holds vital information and items that may be useful in an emergency. The bag should be small enough to carry and be stored in a safe and secure place and all family members should know where to find it.
The bag should be maintained and checked regularly.
Suggested Contents of an Emergency Grab Bag
- Details of regular prescription items for your family
- Useful telephone numbers e.g. friends, family, insurance, doctors, utilities, etc.
- Mobile phone and charger
- Important documents e.g. passport, birth certificates, insurance, etc.
- First aid kit
- Bottles of water
- Wind up or battery powered radio and spare batteries
- Torch and spare batteries
- Notebook and pen
- Essential keys e.g. house, car, etc.
- Special items e.g. glasses / contact lenses, items for babies / children / elderly / disabled
- Cash, debit / credit cards
Please use this link to view a copy of the Guide to developing a Family Emergency Plan