Skip to main content

Corona Kindness

Corona Kindness - Spread kindness, not the virus

Support for Blackpool residents

Blackpool Council has created a way to request help and advice for people in need of support because they or their household are impacted by COVID-19

If you need help

Our support helpline is open 9.00am until 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday – please call 0808 196 3080, you can email or you can fill in our online form.

Please include your name, a contact number and your address when you email us.

Who we can help

If you or your household are impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, for example if you have been advised to isolate because you have been identified as a contact for someone who has tested positive, or you or someone in the household has symptoms of the virus, we’re here to help.

What we can help with

If you don’t have a support network and you are worried we can help you to organise:

  • Access to food shopping
  • Access to medical supplies/prescriptions
  • Any practical tasks you are worried about

If you are worried about anything that might make it difficult for you to follow the guidance in relation to self-isolation, just get in touch and we can see if we can help.

Help with shopping

If you usually visit the local shops or supermarket to shop and you are not able to arrange deliveries without support, we can help you find the right provider to help you.

There are many businesses across Blackpool that are offering delivery of a wide range of items. We have produced a list of some of these shops.

Help with pharmacy collections

Please check with your pharmacy to see whether they can deliver for you. If they can’t and you are going to run out of your essential medication before your period of isolation ends we may be able to help.

Please get in touch with the Corona Kindness helpline on 0808 196 3080 or by emailing

Other support and helplines

NHS volunteer responders

NHS Volunteer Responders may be able to assist with certain errands - things like collecting shopping, medication or other essential supplies. To arrange support for yourself or someone you know call 0808 196 3646 (between 8.00am and 8.00 pm,7 days per week). 

Electricity and gas top-ups

If you’re unable to get to the shop to top-up your electricity/gas card, please contact your supplier.

They will look to see how they can help with online payments or by providing credit.

If you don’t know who provides your supply, for electricity you can go to the Electricity North West website and find your supplier. For gas, do the same at Find My Supplier

If there isn’t a registered supplier, you can ring Meterpoint with the meter serial number 0870 608 1524.

If there is no match, it means that the gas supplier is unregistered and the occupier can ring up any supplier and register as a new customer.

More information on the additional support that energy companies are offering 

Problems with employers or landlords

If you’re experiencing problems with an employer or landlord, you can access support.I

f you would like advice on your rights as an employee or tenant, we advise you to contact Citizens Advice.

You can email your enquiry or you can direct people to or call the advice line on 0300 330 1184.

Healthy Start vouchers

With Healthy Start, you get free vouchers every week to spend on milk, plain fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables, infant formula milk and also free vitamins.

Vitamins are essential nutrients that your body needs in small amounts so that it can work properly. Vitamins make bones stronger, heal wounds, and boost the immune system, which is so important during the COVID-19 outbreak.

If you are a pregnant women, a woman with a baby under one year old or have children up to age 4 you may be eligible to claim your free vouchers.

To find out more about the Healthy Start Scheme please ask your midwife or health visitor

Financial support

To assist people to self-isolate, the government has announced that individuals on low incomes will be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500, if they meet certain criteria, in order to support them through their self-isolation period.

The payments are only available to people who have been told to self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020.

More information and details about how to apply

If you live in rented accommodation or your own home you may be able to claim Housing or Council Tax Benefit.

More information and details about how to apply 

If you are on a low or reduced income we recommend you check with the DWP to see if you're able to claim Universal Credit or any other benefit during this period


Wellbeing is so important for everyone, but even more so at the moment. Self-isolation can be lonely and boring, and the information in the news and on social media can make you feel really worried or fed-up.

Find out more on our Get Vocal page

We hope that you’ll find something for everyone here, from pregnancy yoga, to activities for your little ones, relaxation and mindfulness for the whole family, new hobbies for you to try, and exercises for people of all ages.

Information about Health and Wellbeing Service changes during COVID-19