Patients in hospital and care homes discount

If your are the sole occupant of your home you may not have to pay council tax if:

  • You go into hospital for so long that your home can no longer be seen as your main residence
  • You go into a care home, hostel or other to receive personal care
  • You leave your home unoccupied whilst you provide long term care to someone who needs it

Application process

Once you have made your application we will aim to process the application and confirm this to you within 10 days

Change of circumstances

If you return to your home you must notify us as soon as possible.