HMRC tax for foster carers - free e-learning course
Do you have questions about tax and National Insurance? Work out if you need to pay tax with an e-learning course which is designed to guide you through everything you need to know to get started.
There are useful tips from others who have been where you are now to help you along the way. The course can be completed at your own pace and you can save your progress along the way, so you can dip in and out as you need.
Start the free e-learning course
Statement of purpose
The statement of purpose is intended to provide a clear guide of the work undertaken by the fostering team to birth parents, professionals, the public, council members, foster carers and external organisations.
Information contained in the statement of purpose is updated and a new version produced each year.
2019 Statement of purpose
- You Can Foster - Local authorities in the North West are working together on the You Can Foster campaign to encourage more people living in the region to think about becoming foster carers
- The Fostering Network - A charity providing information about fostering, giving support and advice to its members, and campaigning to improve foster care
- FosterTalk - An independent, non-profit organisation providing professional support services to foster carers
- Serve and Return - Learn how serve and return interactions can shape a baby's brain development. The back and forth interactions between a parent and a child build a strong foundation in a child’s brain for all future learning and development.
- How Brains are Built: The Core Story of Brain Development - Watch a video about how brains are developed.
- Brain Story certification - Develop a deeper understanding of brain development and its consequences for lifelong health with a free online course. If you access this training, type Blackpool in the City drop down box.