The benefits of fostering with Blackpool Council
We are looking for fostering families from all walks of life and welcome single applicants, couples, families with our without children in the household, LGBT foster carers and those whose children are now grown up and have left the family home.
A spare room is required and childcare experience would be preferred.
Many children require stable, loving families and we are looking to recruit more more foster carers in 2019 than ever before.
Why Blackpool Council?
Fostering is a big commitment and the support available reflects the task. We want our foster carers to enjoy fostering and be equipped to do well.
As a Blackpool foster carer you will be part of a supportive community, entitled to the following benefits:
- We have a friendly and experienced fostering team based centrally in Blackpool, Lancashire
- You are given generous allowances that cover all the costs of caring for any child you care for
- All fostered children have a dedicated social worker and every foster family has their own supervising worker
- Our support services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- We provide all the equipment you’ll need if you don’t have it already e.g. beds, bedroom furniture, car seats, prams and stair gates
- Foster carers are offered an excellent training package and we are keen to support carers to progress and gain professional qualifications i.e. NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Social opportunities such as support groups, coffee mornings and other events for all carers and their families are held regularly
- Each year a big celebration for children in care and recent care leavers is held, ensuring that all their achievements are formally recognised, at a fun, child-centred event
- Foster carer forums are held once every quarter. These are meetings where foster carers, social workers and senior management sit round a table to discuss things we can do to make our service even better
Ready to take the next step?
Have a browse through our website to learn more about who can foster and the different types of fostering placement. Our team are on hand to answer a simple question, post you an information pack, or invite you to one of our informal open events. Whatever stage you are at in the process, we are happy to help where we can.
If you have the energy, time and the dedication to help make a difference to a child's life take the first step and request a free information pack / get in touch today!