Information for landlords and tenants
There are many good quality, affordable properties in Blackpool that will make a good home, however, for some people finding a deposit is the only thing that stops them renting privately.
This is where our service can help:
- A deposit can be paid for the tenancy against damage, which you must place in a government-backed tenancy deposit scheme this deposit will come from Discretionary Support at Blackpool Council and will be received approximately 4 weeks after the tenancy start date once processed
- A bond guarantee scheme if the tenant is working, we will underwrite the bond until the tenant is able to pay this in instalments over 6 months
- All pre-checks will have been completed before the start to ensure they are entitled to the funding
- Affordability checks will be completed for each client this includes what income they are receiving and to check they are in receipt of the correct benefits
- A full property inspection including a photographic Inventory at the start of the tenancy will be carried out
- You will receive a point of contact for advice and guidance for landlords and tenants. Providing specialist housing legislation knowledge
- We will provide tenancy support to encourage and promote the benefits of long term successful tenancies in Blackpool. This will be as little or as much support as is required, the level of support will be decided before the tenancy starts or can be increased or decreased if any issues arise. Each client will be given a tenancy support worker before the tenancy starts to assist with resettlement
- In cases of Universal Credit we will assist the client to request the payments direct to the landlord for the rent, although not guaranteed in all cases. We will complete the UC47 form and assist the client to verify the tenancy
- We will complete assisted viewings with clients that have extra support needs if required
- There may also be a possibility of a financial incentive in some cases but will be assessed on a case by case basis
Accessing the service
The service is available for Blackpool residents in need of housing who may be at risk of homelessness, or living in temporary or unsuitable accommodation.
You also need to have a local connection to Blackpool.
If you qualify to go on our waiting list, you will receive a letter to show to potential new landlords and letting agents.
We can help you find a suitable private tenancy or you can find your own property.
All properties must be inspected before you sign a tenancy agreement or move in, and the property must meet our property standards.
Applications cannot be made directly to My Blackpool Home Bond Scheme - All referrals need to be made via the Housing Options service following a needs assessment.
Please contact the Housing Options service:
Calling All landlords and agents - Do you have vacant properties to let in Blackpool?
If so My Blackpool Home in partnership with Blackpool Council wants to hear from you!!
We acknowledge the important role of private sector landlords and agents as providers of accommodation in Blackpool. Our aim is to improve access to private rented accommodation for households in housing need, whilst providing landlords with a professional service.
We require a variety of properties to meet the needs of the service.
The balance that we have to achieve is an acceptable standard that does not compromise on tenant’s safety but does not act to deter you as landlords from letting through us.
We aim to provide our clients with a safe and healthy environment to reside in.
More information will be provided on request of the specific details of our property standards.
If you are a landlord or Agent and require further information please contact us on: 01253 477302
If you are a tenant and require further information please contact us on: 01253 477556