Customer information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) updated 26 June 2020
The Wedding Chapel (where Blackpool Registration Service is based) will reopen to the public on Wednesday 1 July. Until then, contact can still be made via phone 01253 477177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org All access to the building will be by appointment only from this date onwards therefore walk-ins will need to make an appointment also.
We are experiencing an increased number of emails and phone calls at this time so please bear with us while we answer all of your enquiries.
- The Wedding Chapel will open for notice appointments on Wednesday 1 July, by appointment only
- We are encouraging couples to book their ceremony over the phone with us and will not be letting people into the building without a pre-booked appointment
- Please arrive five minutes before your appoitment time
- Do not use the Visit Blackpool entrance but use the door to the right hand side of the building; the North entrance facing towards North Pier. Although the door will be closed, you can either knock on the door, or ring the phone numbers on the sign displayed on the door
The Wedding Chapel has been risk assessed and we continue to abide by the Government's Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance (see point 1.17). Staff will aim to maintain a 2m social distance within The Wedding Chapel, and we ask you to abide by this wherever possible, however guests are allowed to maintain a 1m distance from each other in the Tower View Room with 2m being preferable if possible.
- Ask you to hand sanitise on entering and exiting the building and refrain from touching surfaces in public spaces where possible
- Ask you to use the stairs where possible. Where this is not possible, the number of people able to use the lift is one person at a time
- Recommend that you bring a face mask if you feel uncomfortable being indoors with other people
- Will open our windows and doors to allow as much fresh air in the building as possible
" Please be aware that the situation is ever evolving and this guidance may need to be updated in line with government guidance as and when it is issued "
Booking your Registrar
You will need to book the Registrars from Blackpool Registration Service to officiate at your wedding, civil partnership, naming or renewal of vows ceremony if you are holding your ceremony at any of the following venues:
- The Wedding Chapel (formerly Festival House)
- Blackpool Town Hall
- An approved venue in Blackpool
- A non-conformist religious building such as Roman Catholic, Methodist, United Reformed but not Church of England, where the church does not have an Authorised Person
The fee is £45 to provisionally book your chosen civil venue, date and time. The fee is non-refundable and is a separate fee to those you will pay for the Registrars to attend your ceremony. View our current fees for Marriage and Civil Partnership and Naming and Renewal of Vows.
There is also a fee for a Registrar to attend a non-conformist religious building (known as a Registered Building) which doesn't have an Authorised Person to witness the legal aspects of the ceremony. The fee can be found in Marriage and Civil Partnership and Naming and Renewal of Vows and is currently £86.
When to make the booking
You can make a booking up to two years before the date of your ceremony, for example, if you wish to marry on 22 May 2023, you can provisionally book your ceremony with us on 22 May 2021.
You may also be able to book your chosen Appproved Venue or Religious Building more than a year in advance of your ceremony date.
You now need to make arrangements to give notice.