The ‘TM’ Permit is intended for use by commercial and non-commercial persons/organisations who work on a ‘planned/appointment’ basis, not on emergency response.
It is restricted for the use of Traders who carry out roles which require them to visit businesses, or the homes of residents or carry out work in areas which have restricted parking, for example residents parking areas.
Parking for a maximum of three hours (no return within three hours). A time clock will be sent to you for use at all times whilst using this permit, this needs to be set at the time of arrival and displayed so it can be seen from outside the vehicle.
This permit does not apply on car parks.
- Permits are valid between 7.00am and 7.00pm Monday to Sunday
- The vehicle must only be left in a parking place permitted by these conditions
- If you change your vehicle registration number you will need to -
- Log on to your Permit Portal account
- Within the "Active Permit" section cick the "View" button
- Select "Change Vehicle" tab
- Choose "Add new vehicle"
- Enter your registration number and re-enter for confirmation
- Click the "Apply to change vehicle" button
- A pop-up message will appear asking you to confirm these changes
- Click "Yes". A message confirming your changes have been successful will be displayed.Your change of registration details will then be transmitted to civil enforcement officer handheld devices. This is done in a matter of minutes.
Where you can and can't park with a J permit
|Where you can park||Where you can't park|
|Resident permit holder
||School entrance zig-zag lines, bus stops/taxi ranks
|On-street pay and display
|| Loading bays
| Last resort - Single or Double yellow lines
||Single or Double yellow lines with a loading ban
||Council owned car parks
Obstructing dropped vehicle or pedestrian footway crossings
On corners or the footway
If an individual is required to leave their vehicle other than as described by these conditions or are unsure if they can park in a specific place it is that persons responsibility to notify the parking services dispatcher (before leaving the vehicle) on 01253 476395.
Permission to leave the vehicle as requested is at the dispatchers discretion and will not be overturned by requesting another officer.
At the time of application you will be asked to provide your mobile telephone contact details. These are required to allow the parking services dispatcher to contact you if there is an issue with your vehicle (you will not be contacted as a warning if a Penalty Charge Notice is to be issued).
A Penalty Charge Notice will be issued to any vehicle left in contravention to these conditions and will not be cancelled or reduced. Additionally, where appropriate that person’s line manager will be informed.
Any misuse of a permit may result in it being revoked without appeal.
VAT No. 155 8208 57