Skip to main content

European settlement scheme

EU settlement scheme

The UK left the European Union on 31 January 2020.

This means that you now need to apply to the EU settlement scheme for permission to live and work in the UK if you're from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.  

The deadline for applying was 30 June 2021. Further information on the EU Settlement Scheme.

We are no longer able to offer the European Settlement Scheme verification service.

Although the council cannot give advice or help with your application, other organisations offer free support to vulnerable people who want to apply for settled or pre-settled status.

Remember, applying is free and most people do not need to pay a solicitor or adviser to help them apply.

Support from Citizens Advice 

Further information can be found at Blackpool Citizen advice

Support from 'Settled'

'Settled' offers free advice from trained volunteers. If your case is complex, they may be able to get you legal help. Email for more information.

Further information

Find more free support for EU citizens