The next election for the Lancashire Police and Crime Commissioner will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021 (postponed from 7 May 2020)
Information about the election can be found online at www.choosemypcc.org.uk or via the national helpline on 0800 107 07 08.
We are putting arrangements in place to help ensure polling stations are safe places to vote. You can expect many of the measures you’ve become used to over recent months in shops and banks, such as hand sanitiser, floor markings and face coverings.
Please note some polling stations have moved to ensure we can put adequate safety measures in place. Your polling station will be detailed on your polling card or you can search for it below.
- Deadline for Registration – Monday 19 April 2021
- Deadline to apply for a postal vote – 5.00pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021
- Deadline to apply for a proxy vote – 5.00pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021
Electors can apply for an emergency proxy if they are self-isolating or have COVID symptoms. Electors will also be able to change the name of an existing proxy up until 5.00pm on polling day, should their proxy show symptoms.
Visiting polling stations
- When visiting the polling station we ask that you:
- Wear a face covering unless you have a valid exemption
- Bring your own pen or pencil
- Follow signs and guidance from staff at the station to adhere to social distancing
- The Verification will be held on Friday 7 May 2021
- By Election count will be held on Friday 7 May 2021
- The Police and Crime Commissioner Count will be held on Monday 10 May 2021.