Last modified October 18, 2022
Making Changes is a programme for families living in Blackpool. It has been designed to help you as a family become a healthy weight and lead a more active lifestyle.
If you, your healthcare professional or school nurse feel that learning about healthy eating and discovering the benefits to being more active would benefit you as a family, then you are in the right place.
We know that being a healthy weight can be challenging. Be assured that our family weight management team are experts in this area and will offer you as a family to begin to increase your activity levels and make lifestyle changes.
What you will get
- A 12 week programme which includes education around healthy eating, lifestyle behaviour change and fun physical activities
- Active Blackpool discounts and vouchers during the programme (i.e. learn to swim discounts)
- Ongoing advice and guidance
- Complete the 12 week programme and receive a free 3 month family leisure membership
- Attend a graduation event when you complete the programme
- Additional physical activities available throughout and on competition
- You have the option to join Active Blackpool as a member at a reduced rate, 3 months after completing the programme
Who can access the programme
The programme is for families with children aged 4 to11 years old who need to become a healthy weight. Children with a BMI in the 93 centile or above will be prioritised a place with their family.
- Younger and older siblings can attend with the child meeting the criteria
- The family must be a Blackpool resident or attend a Blackpool school
- Parents are required to attend all sessions with their child or children
For more information please contact the team:
Making Changes Referral Form
Text: 07467 444656