Last modified August 20, 2020
Family weight management programme
The making changes family weight management programme is designed to help families living in Blackpool become a healthy weight and lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
If you, your GP or school nurse feel that as a family learning about healthy eating and physical activity would benefit you, then you are in the right place.
We know that being a healthy weight can be challenging. Be assured that our family weight management team are experts in this area and will offer you as a family to begin to increase your activity levels and make lifestyle changes.
Please note: all Making Changes vouchers valid pre Covid-19 are now invalid due to the pandemic. All families who took part in the programme in January, February and March 2020 will receive information about their vouchers in due course.
What you will get
- A 12 week programme which includes nutrition education, lifestyle behaviour change and fun physical activities.
- Active Blackpool vouchers.
- Ongoing advice and guidance.
- Complete the 12 week programme and get a free 3 month family membership
Who can access the programme
- The programme is for families with children aged between 4 to 11 years old who need to become a healthy weight
- Younger/older siblings can attend with the child that fits the criteria.
- Blackpool resident or attend a Blackpool school
For more information contact the team
Text: 07467 444656