Last modified April 29, 2020
Family weight management programme
The making changes family weight management programme is designed to help families living in Blackpool become a healthy weight and lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
If you, your GP or school nurse feel that as a family learning about healthy eating and physical activity would benefit you, then you are in the right place.
We know that being a healthy weight can be challenging. Be assured that our family weight management team are experts in this area and will offer you as a family to begin to increase your activity levels and make lifestyle changes.
What you will get
- A 12 week programme which includes nutrition education, lifestyle behaviour change and fun physical activities
- Free swimming
- Sport Blackpool vouchers (health and fitness, climbing, bouldering and high ropes)
- Half price swimming lessons and gymnastics
- Ongoing advice and guidance
- Complete the 12 week programme and get a free 3 month family membership
- Graduation celebration
Who can access the programme
- The programme is for families with children aged between 4 to 11 years old who need to become a healthy weight
- Younger/older siblings can attend with the child that fits the criteria.
- Blackpool resident or attend a Blackpool school
For more information contact the team
Telephone: 01253 478194
Text: 07467 444656