Customer information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) updated 3 July 2020
We are excited to announce that ceremonies can now go ahead from 4 July 2020!
Before going ahead with your ceremony, you should read the current goverment coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance (see point 1.17) which is still preventing public gatherings taking place (other than wedding and civil partnership ceremonies) which may affect your celebration plans.
To those of our customers who have had to postpone their ceremony, we appreciate what a stressful time this has been for you. If you are trying to get in touch, please bear with us as we are experiencing a very high volume of calls and emails at this time.
We do not want any of our couples to be financially penalised because the pandemic has disrupted their ceremony and affected the number of guests who can attend. We have therefore decided to offer a 'temporary package' for those customers affected by the current social distancing measures who have had to change their original ceremony plans.
Your booking at The Wedding Chapel
- The Government has said that from 4 July onwards a maximum of 30 people can assemble for a legal marriage or civil partnership to take place. This maximum number includes the ceremony officials and has dictated the size of the room we can offer as social distancing will still need to be maintained.
- We can therefore accommodate ceremony parties in the Tower View Room only with a maximum number of 26 people (including the bride and groom/civil partners, witnesses, photographer and guests). Households can sit together, but a social distance of at least 1m or more must be maintained from other households or individuals.
- For existing Tower View and Sea View bookings, we wanted to offer some sort of recompense for having your ceremony disrupted in this way.
Why the Sea View Room won't be used
- We normally allow up to 10 guests in the Sea View Room but by following the government advice, we won't be able to socially distance in this room. All Sea View Room bookings therefore will be moved to the Tower View Room.
Our 'new look' Tower View ceremonies due to be reveiwed on 31 August 2020
Where ceremonies in the Sea View Room have had to be moved:
- You will receive free room dressing
- You will be able to increase the maximum number of attendees to 26 people (including the bride and groom/civil partners).
- You will pay the usual Sea View Room price as per the current price list
Existing Tower View bookings
Where ceremonies in the Tower View Room cannot now accommodate 75 people:
- Couples will receive the room dressing free of charge (if this has been pre-paid, you will be refunded)
- We will refund the partial cost of the room that has already been paid over and above the price of the Sea View Room equivalent on that date and time
- Due to social distancing, we will have to decrease the maximum number of attendees to 26 people (including the bride and groom/civil partners).
- Households can sit together, but a social distance of at least 1m or more must be maintained from other households or individuals.
Although the government has relaxed certain restrictions, our Service is still dependent on future governement advice. If the spread of the virus results in a second wave or a localised lockdown is enforced, future ceremonies may have to be postponed. The 'temporary pricing package' has been introduced as a gesture to those couples who could not have foreseen such an unprecedented disruption to their ceremony. The 'package' will remain in place from now until the end of August when it will be reviewed again, subject to social distancing requirements.
If you are contacted by your venue to say your ceremony has to be postponed please contact us at your earliest convenience.
If you are trying to contact us, please be patient as we are experiencing a high volume of enquiries. If you can’t get through by phone email email@example.com and provide your phone number and someone will call you back as soon as they are able.
Why not live stream your Tower View Room ceremony to your relative and friends who are unable to attend in person?
We've negotiated a streaming only price (with e-there) from £49 or £99 for an enhanced package which includes a personalised webpage where messages and videos can be left for the happy couple from anywhere in the world
All bookings should be done through 'e-there' You can also email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0800 029 1711
New ceremony bookings
If you are booking a new ceremony date with us at The Wedding Chapel, to take place before 31December 2020:
- We cannot offer any new Register Office ceremony dates (which take place on Monday mornings) until January 2021 as we are prioritising our postponed ceremonies
- We are however able to take new bookings for ceremonies in the Tower View Room or Sea View Room (although all Sea View Room ceremonies currently have to take place in the Tower View Room for social distancing reasons)
From Wednesday 1 July 2020 you will be able to give notice for a marriage or civil partnership for ceremonies that are imminent. If you already have a notice appointment booked you will be able to attend. Please make sure that you check and bring all the correct documentation required with you.
If your marriage or civil partnership ceremony has been postponed and your legal notice has expired you will need to give a new notice. You will not have to pay the statutory notice fee again if you live within the Blackpool district and gave notice at The Wedding Chapel. If you live outside our district then you will need to check with your local register office regarding the fee. Your notice of marriage is valid for 12 months.
Contact us if you need urgent advice.
Coming to The Wedding Chapel
The Wedding Chapel has been risk assessed and we continue to abide by Government guidance. Staff will aim to maintain a 2m social distance within The Wedding Chapel and we ask you to abide by this wherever possible however guests are allowed to maintain a 1m+ distance from each other in the Tower View Room but with 2m being preferable.
- Please hand sanitise on entering and exiting the building (hand sanitisers are located on all floors of the building) and refrain from touching surfaces in public spaces if you can
- Use the stairs where possible. Where this is not possible, a member from the same household can accompany one person in the lift
- We recommend that you bring a face mask in case you can't sit 2 m away from other households/individuals in the Tower View Room (this is likely if the maximum number of 26 people will be attending)
- We will open our windows and doors to allow as much fresh air in the building as possible
- The Wedding Chapel is now open for pre-booked appointments only
- We currently can't allow 'walk-ins' into our office at The Wedding Chapel. If you wish to speak to a member of staff in person, you will need to book an appointment. Please call 01253 477177 or email email@example.com
- Please arrive five minutes before your appoitment time
- Please use the hand sanitisers on entering the building
Please be aware that the situation is ever evolving and this guidance may need to be updated in line with government guidance as and when it is issued
Getting married at the Wedding Chapel Blackpool
Getting married at one of the UK’s most unique ceremony venues, The Wedding Chapel Blackpool, offers an unique experience like no other; there is nowhere on earth quite like it. Located in Lancashire on Blackpool's famous promenade.
This architecturally stunning building is beautiful both inside and out, and will provide the perfect ocean backdrop for your big day, large or small, day or evening.
Set on Blackpool’s seafront, it is the first of its kind this century and the only building on the seaward side of the promenade where couples can get married by the beach.
Our team of highly professional ceremonies officers are on hand to support and guide you through the process step by step. Your ceremony is important to us and we want to make it special for you.
Here are a few features of our unique venue that can make your big day extra special:
- A private balcony to create a perfect romantic photo backdrop where you can admire a 270º view overlooking glorious beaches, miles of sea and sand alongside the famous Blackpool Tower, Comedy Carpet and Promenade
- An amazing Tower View room for larger ceremonies which can accommode up to 75 guests (currently 26 attendees in total due to Government advice issued on 23 June 2020). It has a magnificent large window looking out towards the iconic Blackpool Tower
- As part of our premium package, the Tower View room can be decorated at the special price of only £50. This includes a stunning 'LOVE' sign, floral centrepiece and two matching pedestals which will complement any ceremony beautifully
- Live streaming of your ceremony in the Tower View Room where friends and relatives from anywhere in the world can watch you exchange your vows
- A Sea View room which caters for those looking for an intimate ceremony accommodating up to 10 guests (for new bookings taken from 24 June 2020 we cannot adequately socially distance so the Tower View Room would need to be booked).
- Blackpool Illumination and World Fireworks Championship weddings to coincide with these famous attractions and events that Blackpool has to offer each year. The Illuminations will be extended until 3rd January 2021 so there is plenty of time to book your ceremony with this stunning light spectacle as your backdrop
- Sunset weddings - book your romantic evening wedding where our beautiful sunsets will leave you with unique photographs and memories
- Hire one of Blackpool's vintage trams which has a designated stop right outside the Wedding Chapel
The Wedding Chapel
Office opening hours: Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 3.00pm
Find us on Facebook