Blackpool Business Leadership Group was established in 2006 by a small group of business leaders to improve communication between the private, public and third sectors, helping to support the wider economic development of the town.
Since then, the group has grown rapidly in size and stature and now comprises around 150 business and industry leaders from across the Fylde coast.
Its principal objective has remained largely unchanged:
- To promote new ways of engaging the business community within the future regeneration of Blackpool
- To champion more effective and simplified business support
- Encourage private sector input into the wider enterprise agenda
Since it started, the group has:
- Supported a wide range of projects and funding bids
- Proactively participated in job creation schemes
- Played host to government ministers and lobbied for a better deal for Blackpool.
Most importantly, it is driven by like-minded business people who have the development of the town at their heart.
The group welcomes new members who have a registered business and a shared passion for Blackpool’s regeneration.
The group has cross-sector representation from various sectors including:
- Visitor economy
- Small business
- Social enterprise
It works in close partnership with public sector organisations such as Blackpool Council and NHS Blackpool, educational establishments such as Blackpool and The Fylde College and Blackpool Sixth Form and representative private sector groups such as the Town Centre Business Improvement District, the North and Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce and the Federation of Small Businesses.
The group meets bimonthly in venues around Blackpool.
If your business is interested in becoming a part of the group, please contact email@example.com