Recruitment help and advice
Positive Steps into Work is a Blackpool Council service designed to get unemployed people back into work and, at the same time, help local businesses to recruit local people into their jobs.
It’s all part of our commitment to regenerating Blackpool and making it a better place to live, work and do business.
We offer a full recruitment service which includes discussing your workforce needs, helping you to produce job descriptions so that you find the right staff with the skills and qualities you’re looking for, sending you our customers CVs to help you make the right choices, organising interviews, and we’ll even find you a suitable venue to conduct the interviews if that’s what you need.
We can also give you up-to-date information on any schemes that might help your business to grow and help you to speak to the right people about accessing funding for free training from local training providers or recruiting Apprentices.
Whatever you need, just ask, and if we don’t know then we’ll almost certainly know someone who does. The best part of all is that our services come absolutely free as, by helping us to get people into work, you’re helping to make a real difference to the lives of local people.
To speak to someone about recruiting new staff contact the Positive Steps into Work team on 0800 073 2007 (free from a landline) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
G4S Journey2Work Programme
Helping those facing difficulty get into employment.
If you’re 16 years or over and needing some friendly, practical support to help you find a job then we can help!
These are just some of the things we can help you with:
- Your own experienced employment adviser to give you personalised support
- Access to job opportunities with local employers
- A professional CV to send to employers
- Improve your interview techniques to impress employers
- Find out how work will affect your benefits so that you can make the right choices about the type of work you need to be better off financially
- Support from our partners who can offer you free training to help you upskill for work
- One-to-one online job search support and help to complete application forms
To find out more about our employability programmes please contact Darren Jones 01253 477300 or 07824 361251.