Skip to main content

Dangerous wild animals

If you keep dangerous or wild animals, an annual licence is required from the council.

This is to ensure that the welfare of the animals is maintained to a high standard and to ensure that there is no risk to other members of the public from those animals.

This procedure does not apply to animals kept in zoos or pet shops.

Apply for a licence

Download and complete the application form [PDF 92KB] and return with the fee as stated on the form. The premises will need to be inspected by a council appointed vet and a council public protection officer. The fire service may also wish to inspect the premises.

Any inspection fees are paid in addition to the application fee. The planning department will be contacted to confirm whether the premises has the necessary planning permission. The decision whether to grant the licence will then be made by the public protection sub-committee.


Licensing service

Municipal buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool, FY1 1NF
Telephone 01253 478570

The licensing service is available to contact by telephone between 10:00am and 2:00pm Monday to Friday or visit in person by appointment only at the licensing desk at Blackpool Council's Customer First Centre on Corporation Street .