Skip to main content

If you want to give out free printed material – such as promotional leaflets, flyers, newspapers and business cards used to promote a product, venue or an event - you need to apply for consent from the council.

The council has adopted powers to control the distribution of free printed material within designated parts of the town to reduce the amount of litter in those areas.

Details of those areas which are subject to control can be found in the guidance notes.

The distribution of free printed material by or on behalf of a charity is exempt from controls, as is material distributed for political or religious purposes.

Apply for consent to distribute free printed material

Download and complete the application form [PDF 56KB]. The completed form together with the correct fee should be sent to the licensing service no less than 7 days before the distribution is due to commence.

Fees are variable according to the time and duration of the permit – please refer to the guidance notes for further details.


Licensing service

Municipal buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool, FY1 1NF
Telephone 01253 478397

The licensing service is available to contact by telephone between 10:00am and 2:00pm Monday to Friday or visit in person by appointment only at the licensing desk at Blackpool Council's Customer First Centre on Corporation Street .