Skip to main content

Blackpool Council welcomes well designed and managed cafes. Where there is enough space, it might be possible to use the pavement for outdoor eating and drinking.

Approved premises will get a consent to place their furniture on the highway. 

Apply for a street cafe licence

Complete an application form, available on request from the licensing service. Return this with the supporting documents as requested on the form.

A fee is also payable, based on the size of the proposed area. We will let you know how much this is when we have approved the area.

If you intend to sell alcohol from your cafe you need a Premises Licence.

Please read Blackpool Council's Street cafe licence policy before you apply.