Skip to main content

Family entertainment centre permit

Amusement arcades catering for families can apply for a family entertainment centre (FEC) gaming machine permit (also known as an unlicensed FEC permit) to allow an unlimited number of category D machines.

If you wish to have higher categories of machines you will need an appropriate premises licence under the Gambling Act 2005.

Apply for a family entertainment centre permit

Download and complete the application form [PDF 112KB] and submit with the fee. 

A copy of the application is sent to the police for their comments and assuming they have no objection your permit will be issued within 10 working days.

Once granted the permit lasts for 10 years. You should apply to renew your permit between 2 to 6 months before it expires. There is no annual fee payable.


Licensing service

Municipal buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool, FY1 1NF
Telephone 01253 478572

The licensing service is available to contact by telephone between 10.00am and 2.00pm Monday to Friday or visit in person by appointment only at the licensing desk at Blackpool Council's Customer First Centre on Corporation Street .