A hoarding is used to separate a works area. For example a building site or renovation works to a property from the general public. It can be constructed in many ways:
- Timber posts and panels or
- Free standing manufactured panels
Any hoarding that encroaches or impacts on the public highway requires a licence.
Hoarding licences are generally issued to construction firms or building contractors as:
- These can meet the requirements of erecting and maintaining the hoarding
- Have the appropriate public liability insurance and
- Can meet the terms and conditions of the licence
A fee of £50 per week or part week is payable.
Hoarding licence application form [PDF 79KB]
For further information or if you wish to discuss the requirements for hoardings or to arrange a site meeting please telephone 01253 476152 or email email@example.com