Skip to main content

Many shops, buildings and properties have entrances that are unsuitable for all users.

In the first instance internal changes should be considered to provide a well graded level approach.

Where this is not possible, the provision of a ramp, to Disability Discrimination Act standards, may be constructed. The permission for this would be granted via the traffic management section as the highway authority, once formally consulted as part of a planning application.

Requesting permission

To formally request a ramp on the public highway, an applicant must contact the planning section who will liaise with the traffic management section.

Should you require any further information or guidance please contact the traffic management section on 01253 476180 or email .