Help with your council tax
If you pay council tax to Blackpool Council and have savings less than £16,000 you can apply to us for help.
Help with your rent
If you pay rent and have savings less than £16,000 you can apply for help with your rent to Universal Credit.
- You are a pensioner (and your partner if you have one is a pensioner), or
- You have 3 or more children and haven’t received Universal Credit in the last 6 months, or
- You live in a hostel, refuge, sheltered housing or a supported living complex
- And you pay rent in the Blackpool Council area
Then you should apply to us for help with your rent instead.
If you are already recieving housing benefit from us and you move home within Blackpool please let us know.
More information regarding the electronic collection of data in relation to housing benefit and council tax reduction claims can be found in the Blackpool Council policy document.
Our Benefits page has lots of information about claiming benefits in Blackpool.
If you have an enquiry you can email email@example.com. It would help if you include the reason for your email in the email subject for example:
- Change of Address
- Change in Circumstances
- Change of bank details
- New claim
- Overpayment enquiry
- Discretionary housing payment
You could also contact us by post or visit the Customer First Centre.