Change in your circumstances
Please use the online form to report your change in circumstance. It is important you give us as much information as you can about the change.
Once submitted a benefit officer will contact you to advise you further.
Here are some examples of changes affecting you or your partner which you need to tell us about:
- Start to get Universal Credit
- Start to receive or no longer receive any other type of state benefit
- Start work or stop working
- Wages go up or down
- Savings go up or down
- How many people live with you
- Birth of a baby
- Any of your children leave school
- Move home (this includes moving to another flat or room at the same address)
- Going into hospital or a rest home
- A temporary absence from your home
This is not a full list and if you are unsure whether a change in your circumstances will affect your benefit please contact us.
Have your benefit paid directly into your bank account
Use the online form below to provide your bank account details.
We deal with such requests as quickly as possible. However, if you are changing your bank account then please be aware, depending on when we make payments to you, that a payment may still be made into your old account until such time as the change to your account details can be processed.