In some cases, Council Tax does not have to be paid because an exemption can be granted.
Where someone lives in a property, exemptions are available for:
Where no-one lives in a property exemptions are available when a property is/was:
- Owned and last used by a charity
- Left empty by someone who has moved into a hospital, home or elsewhere to receive care
- Left empty by someone who has gone into prison
- Left empty by someone who has moved so they can care for someone else
- Waiting for probate to be granted and for six months after probate has been granted
- The responsibility of a bankrupt's trustee
- Waiting for a minister of religion to move in
- Left empty by a student whose term-time address is somewhere else
- Empty because it is against the law to live there
- Part of another property and may not be let separately
- A pitch or mooring which is not occupied by a caravan or boat
If you think you may qualify for an exemption, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01253 478741 for more information.