Ways to pay
You can pay your council tax by monthly instalments. This is usually from April to January.
You can choose to pay by monthly instalments up to the end of March.
The number of instalments available depends on which month has been reached and when your bill is issued.
Direct Debit is the fastest and most efficient way to pay your council tax
- Payments are made automatically and payment dates will not be missed
- You remain in control and have a money back guarantee
- It saves you time and money – no queues, cheques or stamps
- The payment will be debited from your bank account on the same date each month - no more worrying about forgetting to pay
- You have a choice of 6 dates when setting up a Direct Debit agreement, the 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or last day of the month
You can make online payments via Debit or Credit card or via PayPal.
At the Post Office
You can pay your council tax at the Post Office or Pay Point outlet using the barcode on the front of your bill.
You can pay your bill by using our 24 hour automated telephone payment line on 0300 4560495.