Your child(ren) may be eligible to receive free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income- based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more that £7,400, please provide us with your Universal Credit award letter)
Applying for free school meals
If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction you may not have to fill in a form for free school meals.
If your child attends an academy school you may have to apply for free school meals directly with the school.
If you are unsure please ring the assessment team for advice on 01253 478940
or contact the assessment team on 01253 478940 if you want a form to be sent to you in the post.