Blackpool Council's Vitaline telecare service provides a personal emergency response service for elderly and vulnerable residents living in their own home.
We provide customers with a personal alarm that links to an existing telephone line or mobile phone.
In the event of a fall or sudden illness, friends and family can be alerted 24/7 at the touch of a button.
Vitaline is used by people who feel vulnerable in their own home, for a variety of reasons.
We provide you, your friends and family with peace of mind and reassurance.
Our service is often used by people who are at risk of having a fall in the home who still want to live as independently as possible.
Whatever your needs, we are here to help.
Why use Vitaline?
- Blackpool's number 1 personal home alarm and response service
- Professional, trusted service provided by Blackpool Council
- Low cost packages from as little as 70p per day
- Emergency calls answered quickly, 24/7
- Local response team with local knowledge
- Excellent customer feedback
We provide a range of packages that can be tailored to suit everyone's needs.
Our team will:
- Provide a pendant to be worn around the neck or clipped to a belt/clothing
- Contact the emergency services and next of kin in an emergency
- Send a warden to attend the home when an emergency call is made
We can provide additional services, such as acting as a spare key holder or making 'pop-in' visits to check you're ok when carers/relatives are on holiday, or if extra reassurance is needed after leaving hospital.
Prices and packages
Please see our page on prices and packages for more information.
Carers' emergency card
Vitaline also provides the Blackpool Carers' Emergency Card. This card is for anyone who is a carer for another person. If an accident or other reason prevents you from getting to the person you care for, we will be able to help.