Current library changes
Blackpool library service is currently operating the following temporary opening hours:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10.00am to 1.00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10.00am to 4.00pm
Layton, Moor Park, and Palatine
Monday and Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm
Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 1.00pm to 4.00pm
All other libraries will remain closed until further notice.
To ensure the safety of customers and employees you will only be able to:
- Access computer facilities for essential purposes, excluding copying and printing
- Collect pre-ordered books
Sadly, whilst we are under national lockdown customers will not be allowed into the building to browse or borrow items.
For those using essential IT services, there will be some necessary restrictions and procedures in place, including:
- Face coverings must be worn in the library
- Mandatory hand sanitising on entry and exit
- Reduced visitor capacity
- Limited time on library computers (for 45 minutes per person per day)
- Use of protective screens at counters and around computer terminals
- No public toilet access or casual seating
Customers will also have to provide contact details to assist with the NHS Test and Trace programme
The At Home Library service will continue to operate under COVID-secure procedures during this period.
Thank you for your understanding and support with this.
For more information and to keep up to date with developments, please visit:
If you have any queries please get in touch:
Telephone: 01253 478080
Blackpool libraries provide a range of services to residents and visitors:
- Developing reading and supporting literacy for both children and adults
- Providing information
- Supporting learning and creating informal pathways into learning
- Providing safe, accessible and welcoming community spaces
Information is available in a number of different media and formats including books, large print, newspapers and periodicals, spoken word cassettes and CDs and 24/7 online reference resources including encyclopaedias and dictionaries.
There are 8 libraries in Blackpool including Central Library.
Blackpool Council operates 8 libraries as follows:
Blackpool library service hosts a wide range of events from regular reading groups to the popular annual festival of words - Wordpool.
You can join your local library for free.