Skip to main content

Blocked grids, drains and gullies

Grids and roadside drains

We are responsible for the maintenance of roadside water drains, grids and gullies which are located in the channel or gutter on the road.

We have a duty to keep the grids clear of leaves and rubbish to allow water to run away freely.

If you see a blocked street drain that needs fixing, please tell us.

Public sewers

Problems with the public sewers or shared drains where several properties' drains meet together before they join the public sewer are the responsibility of United Utilities and any problems should be reported to them on 0345 672 3723

Private drains

You are responsible for the drains that serve your property within the property boundary. If you rent a property, you should contact your landlord.