The travel pass scheme in Blackpool and Lancashire is operated by NoWcards.
This allows free local bus and tram (in Blackpool) travel for those eligible from 9.30am until 11.00pm Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays, across England.
You qualify for a NoWcard if you:
- Are an older person
- Are blind or partially sighted
- Are profoundly or severely deaf
- Are without speech
- Have a walking disability
- Have lost the use of both arms
- Have a learning disability
- Been refused grant of a driving licence to drive a motor vehicle under part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, or would be refused pursuant to section 92 of the Act (physical fitness), otherwise than on the ground of persistence misuse of drugs or alcohol
For more information on who qualifies for a pass, visit the NoWcard website or contact the helpline on 0300 123 6737.
Age of eligibility
The age of eligibility for concessionary travel is tied to the pensionable age.
As the pensionable age for women gradually increases so too will the age of eligibility for concessionary travel increase for both men and women. The age of eligibility for concessionary travel is therefore
- For women = pensionable age
- For men = pensionable age of a woman born on the same day
Applying for a NoWcard
If your main residence is in Blackpool you can apply for your bus pass online.
You will need the following:
- Proof of your name and current address - you can use your council tax bill or a utility bill such as your gas, electric or water bill for this
- Proof of your date of birth (example, your birth certificate or driving licence)
- Evidence of your disability if you are applying for a Disabled pass
Travel on trams
Please note that free travel on Blackpool trams will only be available to holders or cards issued by Blackpool Council or Lancashire County Council residents within Wyre Council.
Lost or stolen passes
If you lose or damage your bus pass, you can order a replacement by clicking here. There is a £10 charge for a replacement pass.
Please note we can only issue replacement bus passes for Blackpool residents. If your pass was issued by another local authority then you will need to contact them for information on how to replace your pass.