Skip to main content

Over 60s and disabled bus pass

The travel pass scheme in Blackpool and Lancashire is operated by NoWcards.

This allows free local bus and tram (in Blackpool) travel for those eligible from 9.30am until 11.00pm Monday to Friday, and all day Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays, across England.

You qualify for a NoWcard if you:

  • Are an older person
  • Are blind or partially sighted
  • Are profoundly or severely deaf
  • Are without speech
  • Have a walking disability
  • Have lost the use of both arms
  • Have a learning disability
  • Been refused grant of a driving licence to drive a motor vehicle under part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, or would be refused pursuant to section 92 of the Act (physical fitness), otherwise than on the ground of persistence misuse of drugs or alcohol

For more information on who qualifies for a pass, visit the NoWcard website or contact the helpline on 0300 123 6737.

Age of eligibility

The age of eligibility for concessionary travel is tied to the pensionable age.

As the pensionable age for women gradually increases so too will the age of eligibility for concessionary travel increase for both men and women. The age of eligibility for concessionary travel is therefore

  • For women = pensionable age 
  • For men = pensionable age of a woman born on the same day

Applying for a NoWcard

If your main residence is in Blackpool you can apply for your bus pass online.

If you have lost or had your card stolen, please telephone 01253 477477.

You will need the following:

  • Proof of your name and current address - you can use your council tax bill or a utility bill such as your gas, electric or water bill for this
  • Proof of your date of birth (example, your birth certificate or driving licence)
  • Evidence of your disability if you are applying for a Disabled pass 

The Customer First Centre advisor will check your documents, take your photograph and send off your application form to NoWcard.

You can check the progress of your application either online with NoWcard  or by calling the helpline on 0300 123 6737.

Travel on trams

Please note that free travel on Blackpool trams will only be available to holders or cards issued by Blackpool Council.

Lost or stolen passes

If you lose your bus pass, please call into our Customer First Centre to apply for a replacement.  There is a £10 charge for a replacement pass.

If your pass is stolen, you should report the theft to the police and get a crime number from them.  

When you have done this, please call into our Customer First Centre for a replacement pass which will be given to you free of charge when you give us the crime number. 

You will need to provide evidence of your ID and residency.