Domestic alterations and extension projects, as well as the building of new homes, are commonplace and the team deals with many of these cases on a regular basis.
When working with you on your project we promise:
- Independence - our surveyors have no vested interest
- Excellent communication with architects and builders, keeping them up to date with the latest changes to building regulations
- To facilitate development, not hinder it
- To offer a dedicated officer who will be your primary point of contact
- A flexible and tailored approach
- To check plans within 10 working days of receipt
- To attend site to give advice or inspect work on the same day as requested, when booked before 10am. We are local and flexible, meaning that we can save you valuable time
- Completion certificates immediately issued upon satisfactory completion of the work
- Understanding of all aspects of building regulations
- Unrivalled local knowledge
When plans are submitted these will be checked for compliance within 10 working days.
Areas of work
Areas building regulations deal with are:
- Structural stability
- Fire safety
- Moisture penetration
- Sound insulation
- Conservation of fuel and power
- Safety glazing
- Staircase design
Once these items have been agreed, an Approval Notice will be issued.
This means your builder can follow the proposals with confidence, knowing that compliance with building regulations is guaranteed, thereby ensuring a stress free route to completion.
Completion certificates are issued upon satisfactory completion of the work, this document is required when you sell your property.