Blackpool Councils health and safety enforcement team are responsible for ensuring that businesses comply with health and safety law, and that they are safe for employees and visitors.
These are businesses such as:
Other businesses such as government offices and fair ground rides are enforced by the Health and Safety Executive.
Enforcing health and safety legislation is split between the HSE and local authorities, depending on what the main work activity carried out at the premises is.
More information about which is the right enforcement authority
What we do
- Carry out health and safety inspections
- Investigate work related accidents
- Investigate health and safety complaints
- Provide some health and safety advice to businesses, employees and members of the public
We also give advice and may investigate the following matters:
- Asbestos removal in commercial premises
- Cooling tower registrations
- Legionnaires disease investigations
- Skin piercing safety
- Unsafe working conditions
Report a problem
If you are concerned about health and safety standards or working conditions we recommend that you raise these issues with your manager or the owner of the business in the first instance.
All businesses have a legal responsibility to report work related accidents causing death or serious injury, industrial diseases and certain dangerous occurrences.
Our health and safety team are extremely busy right now advising businesses on how to trade safely to limit the spread of coronavirus. Latest information and advice on coronavirus.
For information, advice and guidance about health and safety please see the HSE website.