Blackpool Council’s tree service team are the custodians of the town's trees. We have developed a comprehensive approach to tree management.
Our team work in partnership with people and organisations to manage, protect and expand the town's trees and woodlands.
The objectives of the team are:
- To put in place the town’s tree strategy
- To preserve the town’s tree stock
- To apply a sustainable tree management regime
- To ensure the establishment of new trees and woodlands
- To undertake wildlife conservation
- To develop education/community involvement opportunities
- To promote the benefits of trees to the landscape, health and environment
- To promote arboriculture to the community
Memorial tree scheme
If you would like to plant a memorial tree to commemorate birthdays, anniversaries or in memory of loved ones please contact 01253 478358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tree Preservation Orders
Blackpool Council protects trees and groups of trees by making Tree Preservation Orders where appropriate.
Removal of protected trees will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances:
- Where trees endanger public safety
- Where trees are diseased
- On condition that replacement planting takes place
If you wish to carry out any type of work to a tree that meets any of the following criteria you need the council’s consent:
- The tree is protected by a Tree Preservation Order
- The tree is within a conservation area
- The tree is protected by a condition attached to a planning permission
If you would like any further information, please call 01253 477477.