Blackpool Council’s tree service team are the custodians of the borough’s trees and have developed a holistic approach to tree management, bringing forward arboricultural issues to the wider community.
Our team work in partnership with a number of people to manage, protect and expand the borough’s trees and woodlands.
The objectives of the team are:
- To implement the borough’s tree strategy
- To preserve the borough’s tree stock
- To apply a sustainable tree management regime
- To ensure the establishment of new trees and woodlands
- To undertake wildlife conservation
- To develop education/community involvement opportunities
- To promote the benefits of trees to the landscape, health and environment
- To promote arboriculture to the community.
Memorial tree scheme
If you would like to plant a memorial tree to commemorate birthdays, anniversaries or in memory of loved ones please contact 01253 478358 or email email@example.com
Tree preservation orders
Blackpool Council protects trees and groups of trees by making Tree Preservation Orders where appropriate. Removal of protected trees will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances:
- Where trees endanger public safety
- Where trees are diseased
- On condition that replacement planting takes place
If you wish to carry out any type of work to a tree that meets any of the following criteria you need the Council’s consent:
- The tree is protected by a Tree Preservation Order
- The tree is within a conservation area
- The tree is protected by a condition attached to a planning permission.
You will need to download and complete an application form before you start any work. If you would like any further information, please call 01253 477477.